30 November 2011

{ Christmas is Coming }


My house is decorated for Christmas!

Well almost.... we are getting our tree on Saturday.  This year my goal is festive, not fancy, so it's pretty simple.  Just getting the decorations up from the basement had to wait for Tim's lunch break today so he could carry everything, and by everything I mean about three small boxes.  That is about my energy level these days. 

I am 4 days away from my 9th month of pregnancy so I am doing a minimal amount of everything this year.  I am kind of enjoying it.  I think that's what everyone is looking for at Christmas:  simplicity and the chance to enjoy family and the festivities.

It has been next to forever since I've blogged.  It's just been one more thing to do and hasn't made it to my priority list, obviously.

It is amazing how time flies by and what happens in just a short amount of time.  I am so thankful for many things this season:

  • So excited that Oliver has learned to walk and my, oh my, how he loves it.  He is just so proud of himself and so are we!  
  • We spent a good day with my parents for Thanksgiving.  We went to their home this year and I so enjoyed the break from hostessing.  I have loved doing it the past couple of years, but this year I just didn't have the energy.  
  • I am finally learning to let go and even accepting not having a tidy or particularly clean house.  I fought this one, I still have my days, but I'm finally listening to those who love me who have encouraged me to give myself a break.  
  • Tomorrow my mom is coming to help me make and freeze meals for after the baby is born.  So looking forward to the help that will be!  
  • Tim and I are going to the "Nutcracker" on Sunday while my parents watch Oliver.  Tim has never seen the ballet and I'm simply giddy to be the one introducing him to it.  
  • Most of my Christmas shopping is finished and that this year I got to do a good part of it with a friend and another day all by myself! 

5 comments:

  1. OMG!!! I love your header!!! I mean your mantel. I love everything about it. Did you know I have vintage clip on birds from Rick's Grandmother's collection? I love this. So much. Merry Merry!!!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, it warms my heart to know you are a happy wife and mama. These are precious days for you and your family. Treasure each moment!
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love the your header photo!! Simply gorgeous! I'm willing to bet that your home still looks scrumptious, even if you're not going "all out." Isn't it wonderful to limit yourself and not feel like you need to take on every.single.event/activity/cute-thing-you-see-on-Pinterest/etc. for the holidays?
    I'm eager to hear about your tree cutting adventures, the Nutcracker, and Oliver's reaction when he sees a *tree* in the living room! :-O
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you header is darling and incredibly Festive and cozy!
    We are putting up Christmas this weekend!
    I am so excited!!!
    Very glad to hear you are getting help from your Mum, and that you are slowing down and enjoying life:)
    Take it easy,Friend!
    Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your decorations! They maybe simple for you, but I'm impressed!!! :-)
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete