13 January 2012

{ The Last Day of 2011 }

Every New Year's Eve the family Tim lived with for many years hosts a bonfire party.  I don't know how many years they've done it, but it's a well-established tradition, and all year people come out to their farm to contribute to the pile with anything that will burn.  It is a HUGE fire.  This year I could feel the heat from the porch, far from the fire.  See for yourself:

It was a lot of fun and it felt good to get out of the house and have everyone meet Kathryn for the first time.

We came home early to get the babies to bed, and I was in bed well before midnight.   This is the first year I didn't stay up, but sleep is at a premium these days and I have no regrets!

{ Oliver was very impressed by the fire.  I think it was a little overwhelming! }


{ This dog must have known that Oliver loves dogs.  }
{ Sweet moment }


It's a few weeks late, but Happy New Year!








1 comment:

  1. I love the B&W photos...Oliver looks so serious! It seems like every picture of him, he's more and more toddler-looking, losing the babyishness. But maybe that's because a lot of the recent photos have also featured teeny tiny sister in them. :-)

    ReplyDelete