08 February 2012

{ Thankful }

This spot has been pretty quiet lately, not because my life has been quiet, but because it ha s been quite the opposite and I haven't had a chance to even decide what to blog about.  I hope to record our adventure to western Washington in the record-setting snow storm and the sweet baby shower for Katy Grace on Saturday.  Hopefully soon.  Right now we're still recovering from a week of sickness that has quite taken the wind out of our sails.  Adjusting to being a mama of two, comforting a teething toddler, a lot less sleep, and sickness.... well, let's just say I've reached my limit many times lately and it hasn't been pretty, I'm a little ashamed to say.  The up side to all of these challenges is that I am reminded of how thankful I am to have a husband who loves me in spite of myself and who prays me through these times when I feel like I just can't go on!

I am so thankful

... to hear my husband cradling our beautiful daughter, praying over her
... bath time with my little man

... a couple of sweet dates with my man
... snuggling after the babies are in bed and watching "Jeeves and Wooster"


... cooking with my new kitchen friend
... the return of robins and the promise of spring
... tulips brought over by my neighbor, a feast for our eyes


... catching down time, enjoying "Once Upon a Time" and "Downton Abbey"
... planning gifts for many babies arriving to friends soon
... expressing creativity a.k.a. Pinterest (that's as good as it gets these days)


... these sweet smiles everyday.  

Yes, life has been challenging lately, but in spite of it all, it is incredibly GOOD!

















3 comments:

  1. Your kitchen looks so cheery and bright and springy--and a KITCHENAID?! Red?!!! What a happy addition to the family! :-)

    I'm sorry it's been rough lately. Will be praying that the sickies go away, Oliver's teeth arrive painlessly, and that you get more sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Anna, your post made me cry. I hope I can blame it on pregnancy hormones and not that I'm just a cry baby! =D lol. I can hardly imagine what you've been going through, and just continue to pray the Lord gives you strength and grace in all the moments you need it! You completely inspire me and I want you to know how much I enjoyed seeing you at your mom's last week! You looked soooo wonderful and it was so fun chatting with you all even though it seemed way too short! Mercy and I really do want to come see you, so when you're feeling up for it and everyone is feeling better send me your phone number and I promise to come see you! =)
    Much love to all of you~ Carrie Jo~

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS. I totally agree about the kitchenaid! HOW SWEET and Love the color!!! =)

    ReplyDelete