09 July 2012

{ Da-Da's Day }


It's pretty sweet to hear Oliver saying "Da-Da" these days and seeing him point him out in pictures.  I decided it's high time I blogged about Father's Day, in attempt to get caught up on this little spot of ours. 

We've been working really hard on our house this summer (which is a post in itself to come), and we just hadn't had a weekend off in a very long time.  Saturday of Father's Day weekend, Tim and I decided we wanted to get out of the house and just enjoy a day as a family.  Over breakfast we decided what we'd like to do and then we packed everyone up and drove to Spokane for the day.  It was a wonderful day of no agenda, beautiful sunshine, happy kids and good conversation.  Tim and I find that one of the best things about being together in a car is just the time we have to talk.  We have far less distractions.
 Tim and Oliver had their first carousel ride together!

We spent the morning and early part of the afternoon at Riverfront Park.  We played in the playground, walked over the river to the old flour mill, had lunch at Red Robin and wandered around the mall for a little while.  It was a very good family day!

2 comments:

  1. Awww that sounds like a wonderful day! love all the pictures! Especially of the park... I have such sweet memories of that place as a kid! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just now getting caught up on your blog--looks like a wonderful time was had by all! So glad you got to get away for the day :-)

    ReplyDelete