First stop, coffee. What is a morning without it, especially a lazy Saturday? We got them to go and then walked down to the farmer's market. I had been told by a friend that I had to try this particular coffee shop's Pumpkin Spice Latte, which I was more than happy to do. Every bit amazing, and can I just say, good both hot and cold? I only ordered an 8 oz., but between pushing the stroller, calming a fussy toddler, and helping Oliver play on the playground, it didn't stay hot all that time! Pumpkin lattes, I've decided, are basically a fall festival in the mouth.
{ Katy Grace was charming everyone while we waited for our drinks }
Because we got a rather late start that morning, we ended up eating our picnic at the Market. It was also homecoming weekend for the university, so there were WAY more people and activity than we were expecting. It was fun and festive, though, just not so easy to park and get around. We had planned to go hiking after these stops, but naps became much more of a priority, so we came home. It was just the right amount of busy for one day.
Sunday afternoon we headed out to Red Barn Farms for their annual fall festival. My mom met us there, which was lots of fun. It was a lot more low-key than what it was last year, but still fun. The kids enjoyed playing in a Pea-instead-of-sand box, taking a hay ride and playing with pumpkins in the pumpkin patch.
{ Baby Girl Kisses }
Oliver took the job of sorting and loading all of those pumpkins very seriously. Definitely good exercise anyway!
{ Gotta love the little straw bottom }
Then Tim and I ventured into the Corn Maze, with the company of our little adventuress. She was beyond thrilled to be above all those corn stalks and pulling on my hair, which is why I look like I'm in pain! Soooo thankful for my husband who effectively read the map and got us out of there. It was lots of fun, but not something I'd want to get lost in.
{ The bridge that was our way out }

















What a fun weekend! The relief over having the furnace done was palpable in your words...yay for family free time!! Your description of pumpkin spice lattes made me laugh out loud: "a fall festival in the mouth." That is EXACTLY right!! And why I want one every day! *sigh* absence makes the heart--er, taste buds--grow fonder, right?
ReplyDeleteLove that you were able to have a fun family weekend such as this. And if you ask me, fall is a most delicious time of the year for just that. Last Sunday we ventured out to Green Bluff as a family and picked apples, had pumpkin donuts, bought a few pretty little pumpkins to decorate my mantel with, and let the kids run and play in the hay.
ReplyDeleteLove seeing these pictures of you and your most darling little family ever. xo