Wret
Today you are five months old. It was only a little over a year ago that we found out that you would be joining our family, and now here you are, a busy, growing, happy baby.
This has been a busy month with learning to roll over, both ways. You discovered your toes and you love to play with toys! You're also not very happy when your brother or sister steal them. You're already learning to stick up for yourself :)
You will still go to anyone and you have a HUGE smile ready for anyone who smiles at you or talks to you. Your whole body smiles. It's pretty cute.
You've also gone on two camping trips this summer as well as been swimming (dipping your toes counts).
At your 4 months check up you weighed 16 pounds, so you must be about 16 1/2 by now. I am putting away almost all of your 3 months clothes for 6 months ones. It makes me a little sad that you're already so grown up. We love your chunky little thighs and how you bounce whenever you're held. Before too long you'll be big enough for the Jonny Jump-Up and I know you're going to love it. You were playing very happily in your bouncy chair until you decided you want to sit up, but since you're not quite ready for that yet, we've traded the chair for the exer-saucer and you LOVE it!
You enjoy being outside and I am enjoying being able to spend these little months out there with you, after two winter babies.
Big sister and brother love you! Oliver calls you our "Happy Baby Wret" and always says "Morning Wret" when you get up. Katy misses you if you've been sleeping for a while. She'll ask where you are. When you're playing she will come running by and wave at you and say, "Hi Wret". We can tell you get frustrated when you see them doing something fun and you want to do it too. Before long you will be!
You're taking 3 naps still, but I think you'll be going to 2 soon. You go to bed at 8 pm every night and sleep until around 2:30 am. After I feed you I move you to the guest room in your pack n play because you often want to be awake for an hour or two. You're happy just talking to yourself and playing with your feet. I'm so thankful you don't expect me to stay up with you!
Lately you've been going to the nursery at church on Sunday mornings. You've been taking a good nap in there, which is such a blessing since I have been teaching Oliver's class the past 3 weeks. I have one more week to go and then, I must admit, I'm looking forward to holding you through church again. We'll see if you're happy with that.
This coming Sunday we are dedicating you. What a special day! We count it such a privilege to raise you to know Jesus and we pray you come to Him at an early age.
This next month it looks like we'll be getting ready for your first tooth to come in. That would explain all of the slobber. We are also getting close to starting solid foods.
I love you, Little Man. Happy 5 months old!








He is so cute. I LOVE his dimples and his SPARKING eyes. Wow, how time seems to fly. Glad you all seem to be enjoying your little bundle and also your summer.
ReplyDeleteNo way can he be 5 months old already! What a cute little chunk--I love the photo of you and him, it looks like he doesn't have a neck! ;-) Of all your kids, I have to say I think Wret looks the most like Tim...they all look like both of you, but in one of the pictures from your most recent camping trip, I was like, "Holy cow! Little Tim!"
ReplyDeleteSo cute! I can't wait to meet Wret!
ReplyDelete