
The hustle and bustle of the season is fully upon us. I am so thankful for a few quiet moments to reflect on what I am thankful for as Christmas approaches.
I am thankful for Christmas cards mailed
Peppermint Mochas... they could become a habit
My baby in my arms who brings Christmas so near
A Christmas party with my husband and the opportunity to dress up


My parents who watched Oliver for the evening
{Their lovely home}
Saturday morning we headed out to find our Christmas tree. It was the most amazingly beautiful day with clear blue skies and glistening snow. We sang Christmas songs and dreamed about all the years to come as we build traditions and memories with our children. At some point on the drive up, Tim and I were talking about family traditional treats. My family always made cookies: Thumbprint, Russian Teacakes, and Candy Canes. Tim's family had fudge and bon bons. I've always wanted to make fudge. I never have. In the next couple of days I am going to attempt to make both.




{Sounds so lovely! The Peppermint mochas -oh they ARE so good, the sweet baby in mama's arms, the Christmas party/night-out, for dear grandparents, for family traditions and Christmas songs, and yummy winter-y treats! My family always makes fudge!!! Ah, we LOVE homemade fudge! You will certainly have to try making some =) I've never made bons bons... that sounds fun! And Russian tea cakes?! What are they? Did you really make homemade candy canes? I didn't remember Beth ever mentioning them either. Sounds so fun! Hope you have a lovely, sweet season! Can't wait to see you Anna and your dear little boy!!! Maybe sometime soon! LOVE YOU! ...oh, the picture of you and your little guy outside is so cute! ~JoGirl}
ReplyDeleteLove that picture of you and Oliver and the one of Tim *under* your Christmas tree...:)Happy fudge making, dearie...I have never made it before either.
ReplyDeleteSo...we finally had our ultrasound today...
Looks like Oliver has his first *girl*friend...xo