For lots of reasons.
Lately I am thankful that he has encouraged me to dust off some of my ambitions. I've let some things go for several years now, like playing the violin, hardanger embroidery, crocheting. Sad but true.
Probably a month or so into our marriage I showed him the drawings I had done when I was taking lessons. It had been several years before and I hadn't thought about it much since then. He got so excited and ever since then has been looking for an artist's easel and encouraging me to do more. I am humbled that he wants to hang my drawings up with his photography, which in my humble opinion really is spectacular.
I feel far from being an artist, it sounds like such a lofty title, but it is sweet the interest he has taken in the abilities I do have. Last Sunday he found what he was looking for. We brought it home and I am beginning a drawing of the little church we visited on our January picnic.
I am so grateful for his encouragement! It feels good to go "back to the drawing board".
{ I drew this one for Tim our first Christmas, Bryan Hall, WSU}
So amazing Anna, I am really impressed! We had so much fun when you were able to visit. I really wish you lived closer!
ReplyDeleteAnna,
ReplyDeleteThat is beautiful!! I just knew there was an artist in you with all your creativity. Thanks for sharing your picture with us. I am having to go back to your post of be thankful anyway because I would love to be able to do something like that. But I am thankful anyway. Blessings on you!
Love,
Kristen
Good job, Anna!
ReplyDelete