Last week my mom and I were able to take a few days and steal away for some girls time to Western Washington to visit my sister and Oliver's Auntie B and my aunt and her family.
Two days before we were supposed to leave, I came down with mastitis again, which left me unsure I would even be able to go. I had to lay down my ability to prepare, pack or clean everything up the way I wanted before heading out, but I see that now as a blessing. I am slowly learning the art of sloooowing down! Miracle healing late Sunday night and I was ready to go Monday morning. Thank you Jesus!!
My mom came up the night before. Tim and I were grateful to take the opportunity to go out by ourselves for a quiet evening. We took a little drive on the country-est of country roads, and admired the emerald grass, and bright spring sun going down in gold. At one point I spotted a mallard and his mate, far from any pond happily heading across a green field, alone together, on a date, just like us. We ended the evening in a quiet bar sharing nachos and chatting happily.












It was my mom's birthday while we were there, so Bethany and I had put a little surprise party together for her. She was very blessed, as were we. Mat and Bethany also cooked us amazing meals. Seriously delicious!
No comments:
Post a Comment