{Anne of Avonlea}
"We'll start off to the woods and spend a golden day making the acquaintance of the spring. We none of us really know her yet, but we'll meet her back there as we never can anywhere else. I want to explore all those fields and lonely places. I have a conviction that there are scores of beautiful nooks there that have never really been seen although they may have been looked at. We'll make friends with wind and sky and sun, and bring home the spring in our hearts."
~
"It seems to me that a pearl of a day like this, when the blossoms are out and winds don't know where to blow from next for sheer, crazy delight much be pretty near as good as heaven."
~
"How sweet you are singing, little bird. You are just putting the feelings of my heart into song ever so much better than I could myself."
~
"That is one good thing about this world... there are always sure to be more springs."
Oh, how I love these quotes! I'm feeling Anne-ish, too cooped up in the city, like I need to break out the Green Gables books again...
ReplyDeleteI love that second to last quote! How perfect!!! =)
ReplyDelete