18 May 2011

{ Victoria BC 2010 }

{ On the ferry }

This time last year, I was 5 months pregnant with Oliver and one year ago today, Tim and I were blessed to go on a "babymoon" to Victoria BC. We have looked back at this opportunity all year with such fond memories. We're so glad we took the time to travel while it was "just the two of us", before life took another wonderful turn and our family began.


{ Coming into the harbor }


{ First Stop: Food }

{I'm pretty sure this picture was taken before I choked on my clam chowder. Gave Tim the scare of his life... Not the best way to start a vacation }

{He soon recovered! }

{ The city at night }



{ Day 2 was a beautiful trip out of the city to the gardens }



{Sure wish I knew the name of this variety of tulip. It was so delicate and beautiful }





{ I purchased seeds of these flowers "Scabiosa" and planted them when I got home. I was afraid they didn't make it, but they came up this spring. Can't wait for them to bloom in my own yard }

{ High Tea overlooking the garden. We opted for this over tea at the Empress and were so glad we did }




t{ Just look at that stained glass! Beautiful! }

Wonderful memories made. We hope to go back one of these days. We were pleasantly surprised to discover that Victoria would make a great family vacation destination. It would be a completely different experience, but still very worthwhile. Someday......

1 comment:

  1. It's hard to believe this was one year ago....it seems like we were both still newlyweds when you made your Canada trip, but now it seems like our weddings were so long ago! :-) Beautiful photos, I don't think I've seen all of them before. What a special trip! Wouldn't it be fun to go together someday? And drive further up the island?? I'd love to explore the Canadian coastline!

    ReplyDelete