30 September 2011

{ Getting Ready for Baby }

Today I completed a gift I'm sending off to a far-away friend who is expecting her first baby. It was so much fun to put my creativity to work and to sew for a girl! I admit they were a little difficult to part with, because they turned out so cute. I guarantee I'll be making another giraffe! Wanna see?

{the tutorial is over here}

{ready to go}

{all wrapped up}

This has gotten me thinking of all the projects I'd like to do for our January baby. It's sad but true that I have yet to start anything. Life is a lot busier this time around, granted, but my mothering instinct wants to welcome this little bundle of joy with some special items just for him or her.

I have visions for the nursery, too. Some that Oliver will appreciate most and of course I need to create of nest for the new one. I'll keep you posted as these projects, hopefully, develop.

3 comments:

  1. SO CUTE!
    You are so creative!
    I am sure the January baby will have lots of special items all of its own:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are darling!! Absolutely love them...and once again I'm on the fence as to whether or not I'd want to know the gender when we have babies. On one hand, it seems that would make it easier to do cutesy creative things like these onesies; on the other hand, I REALLY like surprises!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ditto to what Prairie Rose said!

    ReplyDelete