16 May 2012

{ Second Mother's Day }

Second Mothers Day.
Heading toward three years of marriage.
Two children. 
Whew!
When I stop to consider how many blessings have rained down into my life in a little over two years of marriage, I am amazed that these years can even contain them!
Life right now is
crazy
busy
blessed.
The celebration of being Mom to these two precious children was wonderfully sweet!
At the end of the weekend I remarked that if felt like I had done no work.
I'm sure I did, but the fact that it felt like I didn't was
amazing and wonderful!
  Celebrating this day meant quite a lot more this year simply because I have a much keener appreciation for how difficult a job being a mom is!
I wish I could say my days always look as blissful as the pictures that make it on here
and that I don't melt down
or get upset
or cry rivers of tears in frustration
or feel completely overwhelmed,
but it wouldn't be the whole story if I left that out.
I am humbled by the three people I am wife and mother to.
Because of them God is teaching me a lot about myself and not allowing me 
to get away with the not so pretty aspects of my character.  
More than anything, as I head into another year of motherhood,
I desire to display the fruits of the Spirit to my family
Love.
Joy.
Peace.
Patience.
Self-control.
And I want to be thankful.
These years are passing too quickly!
So to my beautiful son and daughter,
Oliver and Kathryn.
I love you.
Thanks for being mine.
l
{ Relaxing in the yard before our hike.  What a beautiful day it was for being outside!}

 
{ Grill Master!  We finished our day with grilled burgers and milk shakes.  
Wow!  They tasted so good after that hike! } 

{ Monday we decided rather spur of the moment to head out of town for the day to buy a furnace off of Craigslist.  It was a fun family day.  An unexpected day together! We stopped at a park and enjoyed the shade for a while}  


{ Dinner at Chili's.  Oliver was nothing but charming..... and messy... pizza and apples everywhere!  Thankfully I packed at extra outfit.   So fun sitting across the table from these funny boys! }
{The party just kept going!  Tuesday evening we had very special company for dinner.  So excited for them to meet our daughter and to rejoice with them as they look forward to the arrival of their little boy in August!}


 

2 comments:

  1. What a special weekend!! Happiest of {Belated} Mother's Days to you, my friend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Happy Mothers Day Anna. What a beautiful day it was, and oh my everytime I see your two, I think.. "wow they are close in age". blessed busy mamma.... oh happy day to you.

    ReplyDelete