11 June 2012

{ A Day of Our Life }

 Sunday morning began at 4:45 am for me.  I am not a morning person.  I know a lot of people get up early because they enjoy it and there are plenty of people for whom 5 am is a wonderful time of day.  Again, I am not one of those people!  Theoretically I like the idea of getting up before everyone else does, having my space to read my Bible, journal, have a cup of tea, but in reality I'd much rather be in bed asleep.  Since becoming a mom, I am trying to learn to accept and perhaps genuinely enjoy early mornings, because some days the day just starts early, like it or not.  Today was that day for me.  It turned out to be a very sweet time with my baby girl.  I'm learning to relish these times, because time just with her are rather few and far between.  It was very sweet to have her fall asleep next to me while I read the Bible to her.

                                      Coloring before breakfast.            I still can't quite believe we have two kids at    the table in highchairs.  What a blessing! 
 After church I was so tired I could hardly stand up.  My husband ordered me to the couch and he read both of his girls to sleep.  What a guy!

When everyone woke up we walked downtown.
 We spent a little time at the library, which was pretty special.  It was the first time to be there with Daddy.  This picture makes me want to tickle that little belly!
 Grilling after working up an appetite.  The kids stayed busy while we cooked.
Kids in bed!  Tim and I enjoyed the evening by the outside fireplace and watched the sun set.  
It was a good day.

2 comments:

  1. Even if you ARE a morning person...4:45 is REALLY early! I love this sweet peek into your day. The photos of Tim reading with Katy Grace--oh my! So cute! I can't believe how big she is...I know she's almost six months, but a high chair? Already?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this one! It's sweet getting a glimpse into your daily life. :) Also, I really like your play list!!

    ReplyDelete