This year we hosted Thanksgiving at our house. My parents came up for the day and over night. I am so thankful to have them so close by. It is easy to take it for granted, however. I found myself responding, when someone would ask about our Thanksgiving plans this year, that it would "just" be our family and my parents. I was convicted that yes, it may not be as "big" a deal as it would be if they had a travel a long way. I realized just how blessed I am that it is this way instead. I am also really thankful that we have all been very purposeful about making our times together very special, not just routine.
My mom did these appetizers. Aren't they cute!
Putting the finishing touches on the meal.
I made all the sides the day before so all we had to do was bake them
and the turkey on Thanksgiving day. Soooo glad I did it this way.
I actually got to sit down and enjoy just being with my family!
Tim and The Bird
Grandpa Time.... not sure who was having more fun :)
The best part: The Meal
It was a great day, eating and eating, enjoying Apple Cranberry Pie, playing Apples to Apples, watching the Macy's Parade, and visiting around the fire after the littles we were in bed.








What a beautiful Thanksgiving! You are indeed very blessed to have your parents so nearby and eager to share life with you. :-) I love your mom's appetizers--so cute and they totally seem like something she'd love to make!
ReplyDelete