I am sitting here, waiting to put bread in the oven. So thankful it is just one more sign that life is returning to normal.
I am a little sad it has taken me this long to acknowledge on here anything that has transpired this past week, but life has been very, very busy. Busy getting our feet back under us and busy with the ordinary parts of life. I am incredibly thankful that I have two toddlers keeping me on my toes and running. So thankful that they are healthy and thriving and normal. Praise the Lord!
What a lot one week can hold.
Part of me wants to recount everything that transpired, because I never want to forget how good God is and how He has carried us.
Part of me wants to wait for a while, until the emotions settle. I'm not sure I'm ready to relive all of the hard parts all over again just yet.
Can I just say for now that my perspective is new and for that I am so very grateful? I am waking up everyday now with a deep thankfulness that I am mothering both of my precious children. I am not taking a day for granted. Oh, how I want this perspective to last!
I am intensely grateful that despite the less than ideal circumstances, I had 48 hours to think only about Katy Grace and hold her and talk to her and love on her. It's such a precious blessing that is all too rare with a second born.
I am thankful for a clean house, or at least one that is on its way there. Most of all, I'm thankful that I'm much more quick to build playdough cars with Oliver or snuggle Katy Grace than finish the dishes.
I couldn't believe how happy I was this morning, putting away clothes in the kids' dressers, rinsing out dirty diapers and sweeping up crumbs. Don't get me wrong, I have my moments when I don't just love doing those things, but I've never really been so thankful and happy that those tasks never end!
Well, dinner needs to be started and I think the oven is hot. I will be back, hopefully soon.
I'm glad you wrote this, Anna. When you have a really really normal day, you know the kind, the kind you want to tear your hair out or throw olive oil all over the walls, come back here and re-read this. Those days will come, (thank GOD), and times like these help us to keep the mundane in perspective.
ReplyDeleteWe are so thankful with you for your happy healthy children. May they get into everything, climb the walls, make messes, throw tantrums, and then fall asleep exhausted from all the activity!
Much love.
I am so, SO glad to read this. We prayed and prayed for your Katy Grace. Thankful everything is getting back to normal for you! What a great testimony on your part and reminder to cherish all the moments of motherhood, thank you for that.
ReplyDeleteLove, Talia