There is so much of life to catch up one here, but I wanted to capture the sweet date I had with Katy Grace on Thursday. My parents came up for the day so she and I stole away for a sweet mama/daughter time. It was a beautiful sunny warm day.
With the new baby brother in our home Katy Grace has really been craving my attention lately. It is definitely a challenge to spend enough quality time with all of my kids everyday. For a few days now I have carried her around in the Ergo to at least let her be near me while I work around the house. It seems to be making a difference.
This was the first time that I have spent intentional one-on-one time with her and I hope to make it a habit.... with all of my kids.
We started off with a walk and a visit to the fountain. She was intrigued, but not willing to get wet, which was fine with me :)
I loved the sight of her cute little feet while I strolled her
Girl time just isn't complete without shopping. This girl is a natural-born shoe lover! She was in heaven with the wall of shoes!
We finished off our date with a bowl of ice cream. As you can see it was quite a hit. It was a sweet day all the way around.
It is so lovely to see you taking the time and spending an afternoon just on a mommy/daughter date! What a special time and way to intentionally fill her love tank! I think Mercy's been asking for one this past week and so I'm hoping to do one with her soon! =)
ReplyDeleteP.S. I say "think", because she's also been talking quite a lot about playing outside and the gate to the side yard, etc. =) So, I'm not sure if it's been "date" or "gate".... I'm sure that a date with her though would make her happy too! =)
ReplyDelete