01 April 2013

{ Celebrating Easter }

We didn't really make any plans for Easter this year.  After all, we could very well have been having a baby.  Wret's actual due date was today, April 1.  I am very, very glad he came early, but with recuperating and adjusting to life with a new baby, the festivities kind of took a back seat.  Despite our lack of plans, however, the weekend turned out really nice and I am pretty sure we made some lifelong memories.
 We spent the weekend as our little family.  It was a BEAUTIFUL weekend of warm sunshine.  Saturday morning we took the kids to the Easter egg hunt with our church.  I was feeling pretty sick, having come down with a sore throat/cold the day before, but I didn't want to miss it, and thankfully I felt better after being in the fresh air and sunshine.  The kids had a lot of fun!  It is such a blessing to have gotten to know all of these families at our church over the past year.  We are so thankful for the relationships that have been built during this time and look forward to them growing more over time.
Sunday morning we went to church.  It was pretty crazy getting everyone ready on time, but we made it!!!! Tim and I worked together on our dinner.  We kept it simple, spiral ham, scalloped potatoes and asparagus, with carrot cake for dessert...... from a box!  NOT as good as one from scratch, but it was what I could manage :)
{ Our littlest Easter Egg }
When the kids woke up from their naps we did an egg hunt in the front yard and then took them to the park.  It was a wonderful weekend of celebrating our Risen Saviour!  Happy Easter!



1 comment:

  1. What an absolutely beautiful weekend! I know it could not possibly have been all sunshine and smiles, but everything--from the weather, to the multiple egg hunts, to making it to church on time {HOW do you do that?!!}, to the fact that you even blogged about Easter the day after it happened {and you have three kids!!}--looks pretty wonderful. So happy for the sweet memories you've made!

    ReplyDelete