09 January 2011

{ Pain }

Today has been hard. Really hard. It's a bit personal, but very common to mothers. It began last night as I was getting ready for bed, when I discovered an intense hardness in my breast. A plugged duct. I was really surprised, and a little scared, because I had no idea until then that I had gotten to this point. Up until now I have had no problems with breastfeeding, and I have been so thankful. So instead of going to bed I went and took a shower to try and bring relief. Unfortunately, that wasn't successful. I had a fitful, painful night, waking up this morning with serious discomfort.

I realized today just how much I have to be thankful for since I haven't dealt with this until now. I have thought a lot about pain today and all of the people who deal with it day in and day out, with no end in sight. I wonder how they do it? Today has been really hard, really painful, and concerning, but I know it will end. I just hope that if I am faced with a really threatening situation someday, that I will be an optimistic person.

Now it is evening again, and I am a little better. I am resolving to stay optimistic. This is a common problem. It too shall pass. Until it does, I am counting my blessings. I am thankful for a healthy baby who makes this pain worthwhile, and my wonderful husband who has helped me so much today.

Maybe tomorrow I will be all better.

4 comments:

  1. I'm praying for you!
    I'll call you tomorrow when I'm off work. Much love and concern from me to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anna, I'm sooo sorry! Praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear of your painful day. I do hope that "tomorrow" and the next days were/are better.

    I am wearing that flower pin today and loving it. I also love that it reminds me of you, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh honey...I hope you are feeling all better by now. I remember my first time experiencing this kind of pain...it really knocked me off my feet hard...praying that you are feeling so, so much better in the morning... and a x and a o to " little O " as my Dad fondly referred to him as this morning. Love you oh so dearly. xo

    ReplyDelete