25 January 2011

{ Cutie Pie }

Oliver,
Sometimes when I look at you, you look so big, more like a little boy than a baby. I want to remember each and every one of your milestones. I assume that I will, and then I am realistic and realize I can't possibly. That is why I want to capture the moments I can by spending time with you looking into your big, blue eyes and soaking up your smile.

You are 3 months old now. At 14 lb. 12 oz. you are quickly growing out of so many of your cute, tiny baby outfits. It's a little sentimental to lay them aside, but when I see other little boys, older than you, I try and imagine you at their age and can't wait. Just don't get there too soon, okay?




It is such a joy to be your mommy. Even on the days when it takes all the strength I have, I wouldn't trade it for a moment. When you're so glad to see me after I've gone out for a bit, or you follow me with your eyes as I work around the house, you melt my heart every time.

And goodness, when you talk to your daddy and laugh like he's the best thing ever (and, of course he is), well there's just nothing sweeter.

So Sweet Boy grow big, grow strong, and just try to guess how much I love you, though you'll never find the end of it.

1 comment:

  1. What a little man Oliver is becoming! There's something about little boys in overalls that just melts me.

    I wrote a comment to this post awhile back, but my computer ate it and then froze up...and I forgot about it till now. :-) Hope you're staying warm this week!

    ReplyDelete