Spur of the moment, Tim and I decided to take advantage of warm rain, clear roads, and a long weekend to head down south to visit his parents. They were so excited to meet Oliver for the first time. We had a good visit. We also visited Tim's grandma who is 96 years old and such a dear lady.



I was so excited to get this 4 generation picture.

The past couple of days I have been happily occupied with the planning of a dear friend's bridal shower. This evening I was able to sneak away by myself to Michaels where I shopped to my heart's content and came away with a bag of happiness.
Yesterday I walked downtown to the library. Oliver slept happily in his front pack and I enjoyed the sunshine, exercise, and snuggling with my happy baby. I discovered a classic, Wilkie Collins The Woman in White. I just love good literature. It is the first detective novel ever written, I learned, printed in 1860. Collins was a close friend of Charles Dickens. So far I'm am really enjoying it.
Oh sooo happy for you!!! Of all your precious blessings, guys, about shopping, getting a 4 generation picture - aren't they precious!?, that the pain is better and all that, and about your whole post!!! =) Oh, and of course about the book too. =D It sounds so intriguing, I will have to see if I can get it from the library!
ReplyDeleteOk, am in the middle of packing (we're moving this weekend upstairs!!) and really must go. Just had to say I'm so happy for you, I love to read your blog! =)
And, one of these days, maybe in the next few weeks I want to come see you!!!
Ttyl, Love Carrie Jo
How sweet to be able to introduce Oliver to his grandparents, AND great-grandma! That is so special! I love how I can see more and more of "Oliver" in his photos--not just scrunched up newborn. Love you!
ReplyDelete