23 July 2011

{ All Boy }


Yesterday was a good day to be Oliver! He discovered dirt for the first time and it was love at first sight.


Tim came home for lunch and worked a little more on his latest project: more raised flower beds. He started these before we got married. They were (are) my wedding present. The plan is to go around the entire front of our house. It's a major project, but what is finished so far is just wonderful.







While Tim worked, Oliver and I sat out in the yard to keep him company. It didn't take him long to crawl over to the dirt... and then into it.

Growing up with one sister and no brothers, this world of boys is all new to me, but it is SUCH a joy to watch him explore his world.




After he had had enough of the dirt, he was off to explore the machinery!



5 comments:

  1. oh Nan these pictures are too precious for words...
    seriously love him...
    you are such a good wife and mama and your boys are so blessed to have you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, My!
    He is such a boy!
    I love how he was so taken with the wheelbarrow:)
    So cute!
    I am so glad you all are having such a sweet summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna, I LOVE that you let that boy be a boy and get dirty!! Good Mommy. Love you all!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love those chubby thighs!! I keep thinking {as I have occasionally over the years, pondering your brotherless state} how different a little boy is going to be for you when you are a mommy...and it's delightful to see how much you're enjoying Oliver's boyness. :-) Kiss those cheeks for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet boy! Boys are so wonderful (:

    ReplyDelete