25 September 2012

{ Canada, Friends and Family :: Days 4 and 5 }

 Saying good morning to Canada and enjoying a little bit of scenery before heading back to the States!
 Waiting to go back over the border.  Honestly, I don't think I'm a very good international traveler.  The furthest I've ever gone is a couple of hours over the border into Canada and I'm always really glad to be back in the US.  There's just no place like home, I guess.  We stopped for a picnic lunch and let Oliver get some wiggles out along the way. 
A highlight of this trip was getting to visit our dear friends who moved to Montana not too long ago.  It was much to short of a visit, but so good to see them and where God has led them and is using them.... only wish we could have met their baby boy that arrived just a few weeks later!  We're just to have to visit again!
 Two sweet girls.  Sure miss them!  I was their "nanny" of sorts the year before Tim and I got married.
 Got to join them at their church for an ice cream social that evening.  Such a blessing to see them in their church home and meet some of their friends.
 Family snuggle next morning
 Then we were off again, back through Glacier and on the last leg of our journey.  We debated whether to go back through the park or take another route, but I'm so glad we chose to go through.  The weather was amazing and I finally felt like we got the Glacier experience everyone talks about.  Truly an amazing place!
 Hike to St. Mary Falls
 These pictures are beautiful, but they really don't do justice to the spectacular beauty of seeing this in person!
 Oliver really wanted to get in the water.  Made me a little concerned about him having a necessary fear of very deep, fast moving water!
 The line along the mountain here is the Highway to the Sun
 Tim and Oliver at the top
 We finished our trip at my family reunion.  The fact that the reunion was being held in Montana is what prompted us to take this trip to Glacier.  We ended full circle back at my uncle's house for 2 1/2 days with my mom's side of the family.  It was a wonderful time of seeing everyone again, but a little more on that soon.  I promise there is only ONE more post to come about this vacation!
 Sunset that evening.




2 comments:

  1. LOVE. *sigh*

    Soooo beautiful!! So glad you made this trip...what special memories you now have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki said it perfectly! So glad blogger finally behaved and let you name your post!!! =) It was awesome getting to see you at Ammerae's on saturday! =)

    ReplyDelete