All of the restaurants in the park serve meals three times a day, with a couple of hours in between. Glacier is a wonderful place to visit, but I will say that when it comes to food, restrooms and parking, it will drive you crazy by the time you leave, unless you plan ahead really well, which we didn't. We were all super hungry by the time we got to the hotel and then we had to wait another hour for the restaurant to open. We had these amazing views to enjoy while we waited, but I will admit that I was not a happy camper! I was ready for a real meal! But enough about that!
{ Most of the lakes have tour boats. We had thought about doing a tour, but we weren't sure if our kids would like it or be afraid of it and the idea of being stuck out in the middle of a lake with unhappy children.... yah, we decide that we'd save that for another trip.
I actually found it funny that so many people were touring this lake. It wasn't very big and there was not much more to it than what you can see in these pictures. Just another way to make money off of the tourists, I guess! }
{ The outside and inside of the restaurant. If you get there early you can have an amazing lake view while you eat. We definitely enjoyed that! }
{ Then it was off to Canada and Waterton Park }
{ The view from the highway as we were getting close. }
I am so thankful for a husband who not only enjoys traveling and the finer things in life, but who looks for amazing opportunities and takes them even though we have two little kids! If he'd left this trip up to me I probably would have not been brave enough to stay in a fancy hotel like this for at least the next ten years. This is why he plans our vacations. I would have missed this experience and it was so well worth it! Thank you, Love!
{ The view from the highway as we were getting close. }
I am so thankful for a husband who not only enjoys traveling and the finer things in life, but who looks for amazing opportunities and takes them even though we have two little kids! If he'd left this trip up to me I probably would have not been brave enough to stay in a fancy hotel like this for at least the next ten years. This is why he plans our vacations. I would have missed this experience and it was so well worth it! Thank you, Love!
{ Our room was on the tippy-top balcony, facing the mountains
{ The lobby... and yes, those are Christmas trees. We were there on July 25 and they were celebrating Christmas in July. The staff were dressed up as elves and reindeer, Santa was there, they were playing Christmas music. It was strange, but what can I say? }
{ Oliver was enamored with the harpist. She was very sweet and played "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" for him! }
{ Afternoon Tea overlooking the lake. We took tea, but didn't get pictures. }
{ Then we headed outside for a view of the lake. It is only a couple of hundred yards from the hotel, which is just amazing! }
{ Family shot }
{ Mr. Cheese, sporting Daddy's glasses and his cool bear backpack }
{ Then we were able to check into our room... and were super excited to discover that we had TWO rooms! It was such a wonderful surprise! One night with a room to ourselves... and a balcony on top of that. }
{ Before bedtime, we decided to go into the town of Waterton and let Oliver play at the park. A pretty amazing view, yet again! I thought these were some cool facts, as well. }
{ After the kids went to bed, Tim surprised me with room service and dinner on the balcony. I forgot to mention that this is a very historic hotel, meaning they have done very minimal renovations. There are six floors and the elevator only goes to the fourth floor, and you have to have a bellman operate it for you. Because we were on the sixth floor, they don't even do room service. For some reason they made an exception for us. It was such a wonderful, sweet surprise. }
{ A storm blowing in at sunset and a view of the hotel at night }
{ It was a wonderful experience and one we will not soon forget! }




























Wow! Sooo lovely! Love the hotel and the crazy, fun facts about it =) So glad you got room service even on floor 6 and such a beautiful view of that amazing lake and mountains AND for such a great husband!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm really enjoying hearing about your trip (we went through Glacier on the way to Calgary for my friend's wedding in August... it is sooo beautiful and majestic!) I'm also encouraged to read how you guys did it with your two little kids... gives me hope Seth and I can do some similar trips of our own, and know that it is do-able (and I'll keep in mind how it was also challenging, but you're glad you still went! lol)
Love you Anna and your blog! ~Carrie Jo~
BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I wish I could've been a mouse in your pocket on this trip...what wonderful memories!
ReplyDelete