27 December 2012

{ Katy Grace :: 1 Year Old }

Our little Katy Grace is 1 year old!
It is hard to believe, for sure.
I am amazed by the richness of this past year in so many ways,
but largely due to her sweet presence and development.
I can't imagine life without her, without a daughter.

I have never really been into pink,
but in this past year I have found myself rediscovering it
and appreciating it in a whole new way.
There are many days that Katy Grace is dressed head-to-toe in pink!

She loves all things girly.
She is obviously thrilled when she is wearing a party dress
and she is a shoes girl. No mistake!
If you're wearing jewelry, you're her best friend.
She already loves clothes shopping.
Nothing makes her happier than frolicking in a pile of clothes.
I can see we're going to have fun shopping for years to come.

She started walking a couple of weeks before her birthday.
She says a few words, mostly "mama" and "dada",
but she certainly practices her words.
She loves to eat.
She almost always out-eats her brother!
She likes to talk on the phone.
She started sucking her index finger about the same time she learned to walk.

We are beyond blessed that she is a part of our family.

We love you Katy Grace.
Have a wonderful year!
{ The birthday girl getting some help from brother }
{ Gifts!!!!!! }
{ All dressed up for her party }
{ Grandpa reading to Katy Grace before the party }

{ Birthday girl snuggles )
{ Lighting the candle }
{ She was quite dainty with her cake.  This was about the extent of the mess! }

1 comment:

  1. How can she be one year old already?! I am so glad that you get to be the mommy of a little girlie...she is lucky to be your daughter!

    PS: The new background is lovely, too!

    ReplyDelete