It was one of those dry times, when I was feeling discouraged about my quiet times with God, struggling to find time in the day amidst juggling all of my responsibilities.
Then a friend at church came up, out of the blue, and handed me a Bible study book.
I was standing there, talking to another friend, holding my baby and diaper bag, keeping an eye on our busy 18 month old, trying to admire the 2 year old's Sunday School project and to get him to stop playing with my skirt in an embarrassing way, when she handed it to me.
She said she thought of me when she saw it, and when I glanced at the title, I was immediately blessed.
Thirty Days of Bible Study for Busy Mamas: Inspiring, in-depth Bible Study, five minutes at a time
Here is a nice little picture of the cover. And let me just say, it has been SUCH a blessing to go through. I am still working on it, but I just had to take a moment and let all of you other busy mamas out there that it might be worth looking into.
If you're anything like me, I need a program or Bible study just feels daunting. This little book has given me a taste for manageable study techniques and I'm already looking forward to tackling other chapters and books in the future.
This particular book covers only chapter 3 of Colossians, but it is amazing how much there is in one chapter.
I encourage you to take a look at this book, and when you're done pass it on. That is what I plan to do.

Thank you for sharing this, Anna! It's easier for me to be consistent when I have some kind of structured Bible study plan, yet most programs I'm aware of seem overwhelming when you try to work it in (along with 1,000 other things) during naptimes. I will definitely be checking this out!
ReplyDelete