{ Breakfast in my sunny kitchen }
A week ago Sunday Oliver and I made it to church for the first time in 3 weeks. It was so good to see our congregation again, to sing, and be with God together. As a family we spent the rest of the day quietly at home. Wonderful! For lunch I made French Onion Soup from Mastering the Art of French Cooking. One thing I have decided about french food is that is the quality of ingredients and the method of cooking more than anything. There really aren't that many ingredients, I will just need a lot of time to "master" it! The soup was really yummy, though I will try it again with homemade beef stock and I'm sure we'll be happier with the result.
The evening was spent watching Cougar basketball on tv. It was no small deal, let me assure you. "We" played our arch rivals and won. There was lots of cheering, Oliver watching his daddy wide eyed. I just laughed, "He'll get used to it"! From a friend who was at the game and has been going to the coliseum for over 20 years, he said it was the loudest he had ever heard it it there. It was a fun family time. For all of you who don't live on this side of the state, I'm sorry if I've bored you!
In other news, spring is springing. My snowdrops are coming up and yesterday I saw robins. I don't know if robins actually migrate from here, but I haven't seen any for a long time. This isn't the best photo (I took it through the window) but I had to get it, I was so excited to see them.
There are a few other things making my life a little cheerier. My new calendar
and this card from my sister yesterday. If I was able to choose any fashion for myself, this would be it.
Yesterday I successfully faced a fear. I am a little paranoid about taking clothes to consign. It is probably because I have been with my mom when she experienced really rude shop owners. Well, I ventured about yesterday to two stores here in town and both proprietors were very nice and they took everything! I'm excited about the prospect of selling some items.
Earlier today I took Oliver to story time, "Books and Babies". He enjoyed it and my body is sore! How out of shape must I be to come home sore from story time! All the getting up and down and squatting during "Ring Around the Rosy" turned my legs to jelly. Hurry spring, so I can get out and exercise again.
There is a little look at my life lately. I hope your week is going well.
Oh how I adore you and your sweet little blog and these peeks into your beautiful little life...
ReplyDeletexo