05 April 2012
{ Streams in the Desert }
It wasn't until after I had snapped this picture to go along with this post that I realized how appropriate it is! It has been a long road these past three years to find a new set of friends and too feel like I belong here. Since I moved away from my home church and group of friends to get married there has been an emptiness and a lot of confusion about what God's purpose is in this very dry time. It has been a very sweet time to grow in my marriage, to really see my husband as my best friend and enjoy his company above everything else, but there has still been this nagging desire for friends. Since our kids came along I have been increasingly desirous of plugging in with a good set of friends, not only for my sake, but for our kids. I have tried a lot of different avenues to plug in, but it has just seemed to go nowhere. Until now. I have a sweet assurance, a peace, that God is bringing this about in
His time. He has been hearing the desire of my heart and leading me by
baby steps. In the past 2-3 weeks friendships have begun to bloom. For the first time I can honestly look at my life and say that friends are a part of it. I just wanted to take a minute to express my gratitude, to say "thank you". He really does make everything beautiful in His time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm so happy for you, Anna!
ReplyDeleteLove this. So glad this "desert" of yours is looking greener!
ReplyDelete